DUAL Ports was an Interreg North Sea Region project running from November 2015 to June 2022, with the aim to reduce costs and carbon emissions in North Sea Regional Entrepreneurial Ports and was financed by European Regional Development Funds (ERDF) under the Interreg North Sea Region Programme.
The objectives of DUAL Ports are:
- reducing the environmental footprint of regional entrepreneurial ports.
- improving the sustainability of port operational and administration resources.
- promoting responsible growth and supporting eco-innovation oriented development.
As part of this project, Fair Winds Trust founded ZESTAs in order to bring together stakeholders accelerating zero emissions technology for the shipping industry. The ShipZERO 26 and 26.5 events were also a part of the DUAL Ports project.
The main output of this project is a comprehensive report of marinized hydrogen technology in shipping:
Dual Ports Marinized H2 Technology Report
This is broken down into 3 Policy Briefs summarising core sections of the report:
- H2 Propulsion and Onboard Systems Technology
- Offshore Green H2 Production and Bunkering Technology
- NSR Green H2 Production, Distribution and Bunkering
All the reports are freely available to read and download (dowload button at the bottom of the viewer)
View the DUAL Ports Interreg North Sea Region project webpage – For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org