We are delighted to announce registration is now open for ShipZERO 26.5: “We’ve Got the power!” in Amsterdam on the 20th of June 2022.
This in-person event marks the next step on our voyage to True Zero and will focus on true innovators in the zero-emissions shipping space.
Following the overwhelming success of ShipZERO 26 in Glasgow at COP26, we expect places to sell out quickly and suggest you secure your place at the earliest opportunity.
Note: discounted early-bird registration is available using the link below.
A world-class venue:
We are thrilled to be hosting ShipZERO 26.5 in-person at Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ in Amsterdam, one of the city’s leading venues just minutes from the Central Station – and overlooking the Port of Amsterdam.
This state-of-the-art events space is a natural fit for ZESTAs – an Association made up of change-makers and innovators.
Indeed, one of the reasons for hosting ShipZERO 26.5 at Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ is the building’s superb track record on sustainability.
Not only was sustainability front and centre throughout the design and construction phases of this exceptional space, but innovative and intelligent use of tech means energy efficiency is maximised on a daily basis. The shared values and parallels with ZESTAs and our membership is evident.
In fact, having been awarded a “very good” BREEAM certificate, the building itself has been officially certified as one of the most sustainable cultural institutions in Amsterdam.
The programme for ShipZERO 26.5:
09:00 – 12:00 ZESTAs AGM – members and associate members only
12:00 Networking lunch – everybody welcome!
12:45 ShipZERO26.5: “We’ve Got the Power!”
12:45 Opening Address TBD
13:00 – 14:15 Presentations and discussion
- Drift Energy – Ben Medland – Meng, CEO Founder – Harvesting Green Hydrogen at Sea – leaving nothing behind but oxygen
- BLUE Technology – Brian Boserup, CEO and Founder Blue Technology – Combining wind propulsion, power generation and green hydrogen to achieve true zero emissions on vessel Liberty
- Boundary Layer Technologies – Jeremy Osborne, CTO and Founder – Boundary Layer Technologies Raising venture capital and securing pre-orders for hydrofoil, electric and hydrogen vessels Electra and Arg
14:15 – 15:15 Panel discussion on raising capital for innovation funding. Moderated by Stuart MacDonald – Managing Partner at Bride Valley Partners – the panel will be followed by a Q&A session.
15:15 – 15:45 Tea break
15:45 Roundtable, brainstorming and open floor discussion
Pin the project on the Navigational Chart to True Zero – all together now!
Suggested discussions points;
- Finance – How do we overcome the challenge without regulation? Consumer behaviour? Are people willing to pay more?
- How can the legal community accelerate the process by anticipating issues that may arise from new tech and new regulations?
- Projects – what can we work together on to accelerate the transition?
- Collaboration for acceleration – how can we leverage our combined momentum?
- How can our combined efforts accelerate the development and market availability of ZEST?
- What’s coming online and how can we work together to accelerate bringing innovation to market?
- What have we got that’s ready to go?
- What’s in the pipeline?
- “ShipZERO27 – Global Solutions” – what’s next?
- Bringing Cargo owners into the discussion
- How can we address the global availability of ZES technology and fuels?
- How can we leverage COP27 to make True Zero a reality?
17:30 – 19:30 Collaboration Cocktails!
Get in touch:
If you’d like to find out more about ShipZERO 26.5 “We’ve Got the power!” or how you can join the Association, don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com